IT Security Awareness Training is mandatory for employees (began in the Spring 2016 semester). The training is provided online via Canvas, and contains a series of videos and information that is followed by quiz questions. Up-to-date details about the training can be found on the https://its.uncg.edu/Training/Security website.
A brief summary of the process required to complete the training is provided below. If you require face-to-face assistance, check the UNCG Workshops website (http://workshops.uncg.edu).
“Check My Status” to find out what you need to complete
Before you begin, you should always check the “Check My Status” menu link in the course. Employees who completed all modules in a previous year may not have to complete all modules again. The Check My Status page is the only way to know what you have to take each year. If you have completed all the requirements, your “Check My Status” page will look similar to this:
If you DO NOT complete all the requirements, your “Check My Status” page will look similar to this:
Step 1: Login to Canvas and go to the Security Awareness Training course
- The current course is linked from the ITS website here: https://its.uncg.edu/Training/Security
- Note: If you are already logged into Canvas, you can find this course from the “All Courses” link on the left-side menu
Step 2: Read the requirements for the course
- The course has multiple “modules” on different security topics.
- Each module has a quiz that you must score 100% on, in order to pass the course.
- Other requirements and details are provided in the introduction section
Step 3: Begin by accessing the first module (pictures to follow steps)
- First use the “Check My Status” menu link to find out which module you need to take.
- Click on the “Modules” link on the left side menu of the course
- Click on the first item in the list provided (Introduction will be the first one available)
- Click to watch the video, and then click the “Next” button to go to the next piece of the module, which is a quiz
- Click the button to take the quiz, and then follow through the questions, answering each one.
- After the last question, click “Submit Quiz”
Step 3 in Pictures
Step 4: Repeat for all other modules
- Repeat the process from Step 3 for all available modules, until you have completed all quizzes.
- If you score less than 100% on a quiz, you can re-take that quiz until you score 100%.
Step 5: 24 Hours after completing quizzes, check your status
- Your progress will be included in reports that are sent to department/division leaders at UNCG.
- To view the data that will be included about you, and to verify if you’ve truly completed all requirements, use the “Check My Status” link on the left-side menu of the course.
Questions, Comments, Concerns?
If you need assistance with this training, please contact the ITS Service Desk, 6-TECH (256-8324).