IT Security Awareness Training is mandatory for employees, beginning in the Spring 2016 semester. The training is provided online via Canvas, and contains a series of videos and information that is followed by quiz questions. Up-to-date details about the training can be found on the https://its.uncg.edu/Training/Security website.
A brief summary of the process required to complete the training is provided below. If you require face-to-face assistance, check the UNCG Workshops website (http://workshops.uncg.edu).
Step 1: Login to Canvas and go to the Security Awareness Training course
- The 2016 course is located at: https://uncg.instructure.com/courses/22034
- Note: If you are already logged into Canvas, you can find this course from the “All Courses” link on the left-side menu
Step 2: Read the requirements for the course
- The course has multiple “modules” on different security topics.
- Each module has a quiz that you must score 100% on, in order to pass the course.
- Other requirements and details are provided in the introduction section
Step 3: Begin by accessing the first module (pictures to follow steps)
- Click on the “Modules” link on the left side menu of the course
- Click on the first item in the list provided (Introduction will be the first one available)
- Click to watch the video, and then click the “Next” button to go to the next piece of the module, which is a quiz
- Click the button to take the quiz, and then follow through the questions, answering each one.
- After the last question, click “Submit Quiz”
Step 3 in Pictures
Step 4: Repeat for all other modules
- Repeat the process from Step 3 for all available modules, until you have completed all quizzes.
- If you score less than 100% on a quiz, you can re-take that quiz until you score 100%.
Step 5: 24 Hours after completing quizzes, check your status
- Your progress will be included in reports that are sent to department/division leaders at UNCG.
- To view the data that will be included about you, and to verify if you’ve truly completed all requirements, use the “Check My Status” link on the left-side menu of the course.
“Check My Status” Examples
If you complete all the requirements, your “Check My Status” page will look similar to this:
If you DO NOT complete all the requirements, your “Check My Status” page will look similar to this:
Questions, Comments, Concerns?
If you need assistance with this training, please contact the ITS Service Desk, 6-TECH (256-8324).